1. The Devil's Road is a road bike ride that takes place on roads open to traffic, all participants must follow the local laws at any time.
2. Bicycles must be equipped with front and rear lights that must be working between 8 pm and 6 am.
3. Mandatory reflective vest or any equivalent device between 8 pm and 6 am.
5. The mobile phone must be on during the whole ride.
6. Mandatory repair kit during the whole ride.
7. Riders must provide high visibility (HiVi) reflective bands to be put on the 2 rear shrouds behind the visible saddle supports under any saddlebags, and on each side of the front fork. However, the organisation will provide other HiVi reflective bands to stick on the wheels, helmet and cranks.
8. All riders in the category "WITHOUT Tracker" must register on the club "La Route du Diable 2020" via the specially opened STRAVA server " in order to give the CCK organization the possibility to check and control your personal traces.
9. Riders in the category "WITHOUT Tracker" will start at 3 pm for the 1433 km and at 8 pm for the 739 km. These two starts will be regulated in group by the CCK riders until km 21 in GLUN, at the crossroads of D922 and D86.
10. In order to become an Official Finisher, riders in the category "WITHOUT Tracker" must prove to have completed the whole route defined by the organization, with pictures taken at the checkpoints or with their STRAVA tracks.
11. Riders in the category "WITH a Tracker" will start each minute on July 6, from 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm.
12. In order to become an Official Finisher, riders in the category "WITH a Tracker" must complete all the madatory sections requested by the organization.
13. Drafting is strictly prohibited in the category "WITH a Tracker". All offenders (even DUO teams) will be immediately disqualified. In the event of medical or mechanical problems, if you have to leave the GPS route, you can use any means of transport to get back to the exact spot you left it, and continue the ride if you can.
14. Any vehicle, cyclist, support team or virtual base is prohibited in the category "WITH a Tracker". But any unexpected meeting is welcome.
15. In the "DUO" category, the pair of riders is considered as a single rider, and therefore as to ride together throughout the whole ride. You start together, ride together, finish together. Solidarity and friendship are required on these picturesque roads to become an Official Finisher.
16. If a rider has to quit, he must warn the organisator Pascal Bride (+33 618 022 336) as soon as possible. He is responsible for leaving the track safely and must return the GPS box to Pascal BRIDE / Route du Diable / 6 rue de la Patrouille 68100 MULHOUSE / FRANCE. In case of non-return of the GPS, a fine will be requested by the "MAProgress" Company.
17. Be careful, in the mode "WITH GPS Tracker", all the CHECKPOINTS" are mandatory sections of about 432 km for the "Route du Diable 1420" and 218 km for the "Route du Diable 739"... In this category we propose a DUO or SOLO category.
18. GPS tracking via "MAProgress" company is a service that allows real time tracking. It is forbidden to turn off the tracker without first telling the organization. CCK RAVITOS are placed on the mandatory portions of the "WITH GPS Trackers" routes.
19. On both the 739 and 1420 km routes, we provide meeting points RAVITOS CCK with the presence of volunteers, cars, meals and drinks. Please respect the time limits for the convenience of the volunteers who will be there to help you and provide you with food. Outside these time limits you cannot expect any support on these specific points.
20. The organization does not provide any insurance on the courses but you are asked when you register to provide us with a certificate of insurance "civil liability".
21. No licence is mandatory but riders must send ( email@example.com ) or bring a medical certificate (less than 6 months old) with the mention "Cycling in long distance allowed".
22. Please respect the magnificent nature and do not litter.
23. Registration implies you fully accept these rules and you complete the discharge document that will be sent to you. This document is to be downloaded below and sent to us by email before 31 May 2020 ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) .
24. By registering you also allow the CCK organization to use any video and image of you in order to promote "The Devil's Road".
25. If you want to cancel your registration, you will only get a refund if you provide a medical attest from your doctor specifying the date and the reasons for cancelling.
26. The number of riders is limited to 100, all categories together (with or without GpsTracker, solo or duo).
27. Any offence to one of
the rules above will lead to immediate disqualification.
Disclaimer of Liability to be returned by email